Grade 234 R

Grade 234 R at Malmsbury Primary School

Science Day with Tylden P.S. students

| 1 Comment

Today we had a Science Day. All the Prep – 2 students from Tylden Primary School visited us at Malmsbury. We had lots of fun with them and many people made friends.

Students learnt about the biological sciences when they created animals fit to live in certain environments. “I liked making the camoflauged butterflies.” Blake wrote. They practised being botanists by observing and illustrating wattle flowers. They also investigated forces and energy when they made balloon rockets.

All the Malmsbury students enjoyed hosting students from another school and especially the chance to share snacks and a meal. Kiara wrote: “I liked playing with the Tylden people. I played chess. Everyone in the school had sausages.” Eliza wrote: “My class got frogs in the pond. The Tylden kids got snake in a lake.”

Thank you to all the Tylden students for coming and sharing your scientific understandings with us.

What scientific learning will you remember from our Science Day?

How was it different working with students from another school? Have you ever worked like that before?

One Comment

1. I will remember the stories and discussion about types of ‘precipitation’. I remember the rain really coming down! Someone said it was hailing but I wasn’t sure. Did anyone see (or hear) hail?