Grade 234 R

Grade 234 R at Malmsbury Primary School

Family stories – your ‘house favourites’

| 13 Comments

The show and tell topic for this week will be all about stories – the ‘house favourites’ for your family. Students are asked to tell about the stories, poems and rhymes that are favourites at home in their family. You can even bring in your favourites to share with the class on your show and tell day.

Is there a rhyme or story that is always being retold or re-read at your house? Are there nursery rhymes you hear all the time?

1. In my family, our favourite rhymes and poems to read and say out loud are nonsense poems by Edward Lear.

2. My favourite nursery rhyme is ‘Twinkle, twinkle, little star’. My sister really likes it as well and she can say “twinkle, twinkle”. That makes us all laugh!

3. My favourite nursery rhyme is ‘Never Smile at a Crocodile’. The reason why I like it so much is it is real: you should never smile at a crocodile! I also make connections between the rhyme and books I have, like Peter Pan.

4. My favourite stories are the ‘Brambly Hedge’ stories by Jill Barklem. My favourite is the Autumn story and the Winter story. I really like how they have good words in the stories.

5. The Dr. Seuss books are favourites in my family. I always read them and my sister always looks at them. ‘Animal Riddles’ might be my favourite because it is really funny.

6. One of my favourite stories are the EJ12 stories. I like it because sometimes in her normal life, EJ12 gets called away to do her job. In ‘Making Waves’ she is going swimming, and she gets called to do research about dead coral.

My other favourite story is ‘The Terrible Underpants’.

7. A book that’s been in my family for eight years is ‘Spongebob Squarepants’. It’s good! Sometimes Mum reads it and sometimes Dad reads it.

8. My favourite books are the ‘Billie B Brown’ series. They only have four chapters in each book. I have about ten ‘Billie B Brown’ stories. My favourite one is ‘The Second Best Friend’. I like how Billie doesn’t get too frustrated when she is being teased.

9. One of my favourite books is ‘365 Rhymes for Girls’. My Mum always reads it to me. My favourite page is ‘Smoky the Dragon’ because it matches my Beanie Kid called Smoky.

10. I brought in my three favourite books. The first is from the book fair, called ‘Wizards Locker of Secrets’. My other favourite is ‘Bears on Wheels’, which is really funny. My most favourite out of the three is ‘Isabella’s Secret’ because of the pictures.

11. Some of my family favourites are ‘Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star’, Roald Dahl stories and Dr Seuss. They are told at my house without even being read. One of the most common stories that are told over and over again is ‘The Cat in the Hat’.

12. My favourite books are the Goosebumps series and Roald Dahl books. I have read my new Goosebumps every day after school since I got them.

13. A favourite book of my family (mum, dad and I) is ‘The Wishing Chair’. You really badly want to know what’s next. It’s really interesting! The characters go into the giant’s castle. They really want to save the gnome, who is locked in the castle.

We also really like Roald Dahl, but I think ‘The Wishing Chair’ is more interesting.